Strategic Plan 2015 – 2019
Linking and supporting the University Departments of Rural Health across Australia
ARHEN was established in 2001 and is the peak body for the University Departments of Rural Health (UDRH) which are located in every State and the NT.
Member UDRHs are focused on expanding and enhancing the rural and remote health workforce through multidisciplinary education and training, research, professional support and service development. UDRHs are well established, diverse and complementary, forming the most significant rural and remote health academic consolidation in Australia.
Achievement of better rural and remote health through learning.
To lead and initiate the rural and remote health agenda in the areas of education and research.
1. PROVIDE LEADERSHIP AND STRATEGIC DIRECTION IN RURAL AND REMOTE HEALTH EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Influence education, research and teaching in rural and remote health through leading and promoting UDRH perspectives and ensuring the UDRH approach is responsive to, and shaped by, the external environment.
- Collaborate and network with other key stakeholders at the national level on issues of shared interest.
2. STRENGTHEN THE UDRH NETWORK THROUGH COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Coordinate and provide timely information and communication on relevant rural and remote health education, research and workforce issues.
- Encourage collaboration and information sharing through staff networks.
3. REPRESENT UDRH INTERESTS THROUGH A NATIONAL VOICE AND CONDUIT FOR MEMBERS
- Provide shared strategic advice on key national issues relevant to rural and remote health workforce and education.
- Represent UDRH interests in the national arena.
- Provide national secretariat activities to ARHEN