Complaint Handling Procedure
To develop a policy and provide a procedure for effectively managing complaints, in a timely way, from ARHEN’s clients and their representatives.
ARHEN aims to enable clients to provide feedback or raise a complaint. The aim of this policy is to adopt a positive, blame-free approach to resolving complaints.
Complaints received by ARHEN are seen as an opportunity for improvement. All feedback is taken seriously. We will make all reasonable efforts to understand issues or concerns, and resolve complaints when they arise.
The parties to the dispute must meet and discuss the matter in dispute and, if possible, resolve the dispute within 14 days after the dispute comes to the attention of all of the parties.
If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute at the meeting, or if a party fails to attend that meeting, then the parties must, within 10 days, hold a meeting in the presence of a mediator.
- The mediator must be:
- A person chosen by agreement between the parties; or
- In the absence of agreement, a person appointed by the Board.
- The mediator cannot be a party to the dispute.
- The parties to the dispute must, in good faith, attempt to settle the dispute by mediation.
- The mediator must give the parties every opportunity to be heard; allow due consideration by all parties of any written statement submitted by any party; and ensure that natural justice is accorded to the parties to the dispute throughout the mediation process.
- The mediator must not determine the dispute.
- The mediation must be confidential and without prejudice.
- If the mediation process does not result in the dispute being resolved, the parties may seek to resolve the dispute through an external mechanism.
Staff are responsible for reporting complaints to the National Director of ARHEN as soon as the complaints are received.
The National Director is responsible for the management of the complaints process and informing the Board Chair of any feedback received.
The National Director is responsible for ensuring that complaints are logged as soon as they are received.
All information regarding complaints will be kept confidential amongst the staff concerned with its resolution. Complaint documentation will be kept in a safe, locked place and accessible only to staff handling the complaint.