The Rural Pharmacy Support Network (RPSN) is the national network for pharmacists or rural pharmacy liaison officers (RPLOs) engaged within University Departments of Rural Health (UDRH) across Australia.
The RPSN supports pharmacy students, interns and pharmacists living and working in regional, rural and remote Australia.
Our goal is to improve access to quality pharmacy services and increase the proportion of the pharmacy workforce working in rural and remote Australia.
Our objectives are to:
- Support pharmacy students undertaking clinical placements in rural and remote locations.
- Support the rural and remote pharmacy workforce.
- Promote rural and remote pharmacy as a career choice.
- Promote and support local links between pharmacy and other health professionals.
- Identify areas of local need and work in collaboration with other health professionals to improve health outcomes.
Many of our network members are employed as Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officers and funded as part of the 7th Community Pharmacy Agreement.
Network members are located at the following UDRHs:
- JCU Centre for Rural and Remote Health (Mount Isa) >Website
- University of Newcastle, Department of Rural Health (Tamworth/Taree) >Website
- Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health (Broken Hill) >Website
- University Centre for Rural Health (Lismore) >Website
- University of Melbourne, Department of Rural Health >Website
- University of Tasmania, Centre for Rural Health (Launceston) >Website
- University of South Australia, Department of Rural Health (Adelaide) >Website
- Flinders University Centre for Remote Health, NT (Alice Springs) >Website
- Western Australia Centre for Rural Health (Geraldton and Karratha) >Website
- School of Rural Health (monash.edu) > Website
Further information on the RPSN is coming soon.