The University Departments of Rural Health work in partnership with their local communities, health professionals and services to co-design and conduct research to improve the health and wellbeing of people in rural and remote Australia.
Current areas of research focus across the UDRH network include:
- Rural and remote health education strategies
- Rural and remote health workforce development, including recruitment and retention strategies
- Improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Population health, including the health of specific populations within UDRH catchment areas
- Innovative rural and remote service delivery models
- Service evaluation and quality improvement
- Chronic disease prevention and management
- Social and environmental health
- Mental health
- Healthy ageing
Further details on the research priorities and activities for each UDRH are available on their respective website.