ARHEN‘s purpose is to promote the health and wellbeing of people in rural and remote Australia through high-quality health education, research and advocacy.
Our priorities include:
- Building the future rural and remote health workforce by providing rural training opportunities for health students from a wide range of disciplines.
- Supporting the current rural and remote health workforce with continuing professional development that is locally relevant and accessible.
- Building the evidence base on rural health issues through high-quality research and knowledge translation that addresses the priorities and needs of local communities.
- Promoting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing and supporting the local Indigenous health workforce.
- Advocating nationally on rural and remote health issues to address health inequities and promote better health outcomes for people in rural and remote areas.